Thursday, May 27, 2021

Back!

Hello,

As I'll soon get a 32 inches CRT HDTV to play RB3 on the x360, I thought about using my good old Jasper 16MB for emulators, and it's a mess...

All emulators aren't compatible with eg. booting from FAT32 sda1 disk, and even mines aren't always working nicely!

In the mean time I uploaded all non-tainted files and releases I had on my HDD to my personal file repository at: http://sfx.gligli.free.fr/  (xbins, CPU/ GPU docs, asm reverse engineering helpers, ...).

 Long story short, here's what I want to do with libxenon and emulators / tools / ... :

  • Update the toolchain to the most recent GCC / binutils that works at least better: (since 4.7.1, there was huge improvements in link-time optimisation / instruction scheduling and inlining, plus in overall speed of generated code and compiler itself). I think many emulators, with a bit of maybe adding attributes and volatileness, will work way faster!
  • Iron-out some typical bugs / inconsistensies in all emulators, and switch some from the GX-style GUI to ZLX (which is kind-of crude, but as most emulators options on fixed hardware tend to be only configurable in compatibility and graphic improvements, I think it's the best option for gaming-oriented emulators).
  • Some improvements in libxenon itself, eg: SD video modes tend to have an overscan which makes them impratical, weird default settings, adding a bit more configurability in the drivers for some peripherals, updating libraries, ...
  • Properly release nullDC-360. I just put the most recent binary from back-then on my file repo. It works but it's really not configurable besides loading an iso (pro-tip: SoulCalibur works great :)
  • Releasing a binary libxenon distro with all emulators, and ZLX browser as startup app.

After that, I have a weird idea which might make even official games way better on the console itself, so stay tuned! :)

7 comments:

  1. Olá amigo, vai voltar com atualizações pro emulador de Nintendo 64 pro Xbox 360 Rgh? Curto muito seu trabalho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be of intrest smc based glitching has been developed by 15432

    https://www.reddit.com/r/360hacks/comments/qjsid0/rgh3_by_15432_rgh_from_smc_demo_on_corona/

    ReplyDelete
  3. donde puedo descargar el kit de desarrollo de xbox 360?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance you could release a 480p (640x480) version of mupen64-360?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what was the weird idea that could make even official games way better?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome to know that you are alive man

    ReplyDelete